Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

The Scalpel With Dr. Keith Rose

Nov 24, 2021

Ep.206 Thanksgiving 2021: Thankful and Vigilant
We at The Scalpel wish a Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family.
In this episode of The Scalpel, Dr. Rose is grateful and reflective. He also encourages us to be vigilant - to keep watch over our freedom and the tools we have available to us to keep that freedom.
The FDA budget for FY 2019 is $5.9 billion.
About 55 percent, or $3.2 billion, of FDA’s budget is provided by federal budget authorization. The remaining 45 percent, or $2.7 billion, is paid for by industry user fees.
The FDA budget is equivalent to $9.95 per American per year.
The FDA budget includes 17,686 full time equivalents (FTEs).
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has moved from an entirely taxpayer-funded entity to one increasingly funded by user fees paid by manufacturers that are being regulated. Today, close to 45% of its budget comes from these user fees that companies pay when they apply for approval of a medical device or drug.
White House Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm responds to a press conference question regarding the release of 50 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
“ many barrels of oil do U.S. consumers use every day?”
Twitter: @TheScalpelEdge
Instagram: @TheScalpelPodcast